About B&B Pharmacy
B&B Pharmacy was started in 1953 by L. Balfour Brookshire, along side his business partner Cotton Bishop. Balfour studied pharmacy at UNC-Chapel Hill and worked at West Asheville Drug Store and Ideal Drug Store before him and Cotton joined together to create B&B Pharmacy. The business was opened, and still remains, on Haywood Road in West Asheville and has been proudly serving the community for over 66 years. In 1962, Balfour became the sole owner of the B&B Pharmacy after the death of Cotton Bishop. He operated the pharmacy until his retirement in 1986, at which time, he turned it over to his two sons Larry Brookshire and David Brookshire who now own and operate it.